Boerne is the center of all things Hill Country, and HomeAway Ranch is The Perfect Hub to take the back roads, see everything, then come back, grab some dinner and spend the night with us!
If you have an upcoming anniversary, birthday, bridal shower, retirement, or just want to have a fun and unique day trip, consider a tour. AT Home Away Ranch, we will help you plan the perfect itinerary for your group and take on all the driving responsibilities. It’s a fabulously fun road trip!
All of these drives are well within a couple hours road trip from Boerne and there are lots of fun things to do and interesting places to stop along the way:
- Minutes away from the ranch is the town of Comfort, where you can experience some great antique shopping and/or wine tasting.
- Venture a little further and you can see what beautiful Kerrville has to offer with the wide Guadalupe River flowing through.
- Be sure to explore tiny gems like Waring, where the General Store has Steak Nite every Wednesday with fantastic live music!
- We take you to discover wonderful places like Sisterdale, where there are two awesome little wineries and a fabulous BBQ joint.
- Another “must” is Luckenbach where you'll find a wide range of visitors each weekend, including bikers, bankers and everyone in between. It is common for people to bring instruments and those in the crowd entertain each other, taking turns performing under the trees just outside the bar.
- Continue on and you'll find Stonewall and Fredericksburg where you can visit wineries, the Wildseed Farms or Enchanted Rock State Park.
- If Country and Western is more your style, we will take you to Bandera, the Cowboy Capital.
- Beyond this are some of the most beautiful Hill Country drives taking you to the town of Leakey or to Lost Maples State Park.
- Drive east of Boerne and you'll find the towns of Gruene and New Braunfels. Stop in at Gruene Hall, the oldest continually running dance hall in Texas, or do some tubing in the Guadalupe!
- And Boerne is only 15 minutes from San Antonio